Most frequently asked questions
Here are the most common questions a trader would normally ask us or consider to ask before opening an account woth us.
For more information on help resources related to IC Markets and the products we offer,
simply type your question below or visit our live chat service.
Raw Spread Account: This account shows the raw inter-bank spread received from our liquidity providers. There is a commission charge of €3.5 per standard lot round turn.
Standard Account: We do not charge a commission on Standard accounts but instead, there is a mark up on the spread by 1 pip above the raw Inter-bank rate received from our Liquidity providers.
Further information about the different types of trading accounts available can be found on our trading accounts overview page.
Our mission is to provide traders with the lowest spreads and fastest executions possible across over 285 CFD products including Forex, precious metals, stocks, futures and other commodities. We have invested heavily in technology and establishing strong relationships with some of the largest and most reliable price providers in the market.
We recommend you to view our wide range of products on the trading pricing spreads page.
We also strongly suggest to thoroughly read our Terms and Conditions.
In order to provide you with better price certainty and to ensure fast execution speed we do not hedge each and every position with our hedge counterparties. This also prevents problems which may occur with one limb of the trade which has an impact on the other, if each individual transaction were to be hedged. We do this in order to provide you with a better overall trading experience.
Once your on-line application form has been approved by our accounts team you will be emailed your trading account login details and password.
How do I get help?
Simply type your question in the search box above to get instant answers.
For better results, type more than one word and use a question phrasing. If you don't find a match try phrasing your question differently (not a strict coincidence expected occurrence of each of the words separated by a space).
Questions about IC Markets
Opening a live trading account with IC Markets is simple.
Please follow these steps to get started:
- Fill the online registration form to create an IC Markets profile
- You will receive an email containing a link to verify your email
- Verify, complete the application and submit your documents
- Get approved and receive your approval email
- Login into your IC Markets Trader’s Portal and create a live MT4 account
- Fund your account and start trading
Before a client can trade with us for the first time on a new account (even when they have previously held an account), we need to perform identity and residential address verification. Moreover, as part of the due diligence process, you may be required to provide proof of your residential verification and certain information regarding the payment method you wish to use to fund your account.
Our requirements for identity verification may include the following:
1) A government issued identification document that contains all the following information:
- Clear Coloured Photo
- Identification document number
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Date of expiry
2) A residential verification document, displaying your full name and address. The residential verification document should be issued by a financial institution, utility company, government agency or a judicial authority and can be one of the following:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Electricity bill
- Water or gas bill
- Council tax bill
- Tax letter
- Landline bill
- Television services bill, or
- Internet bill